Moist & Fluffy Vegan Cupcakes with Vegan Orange Cream Cheese Frosting



I have no idea who to give credit to for this recipe.  I was in a last minute pinch and needing to make vegan cupcakes for a party.  I have a great cake recipe but it comes out a little too flat to use for cupcakes, so I decided to google "moist and fluffy vegan cake recipe" and came across a mom chat room.  In the thread, one mom posted this recipe that she found but did not give credit to where it came from.  Everyone raved about it (even though some ingredients don't sound right to the palate) and so I had to give it a go.  I did change up to healthier ingredients than suggested though. 

ALL OF OUR GUESTS RAVED ABOUT THESE CUPCAKES!

So, here you go:

In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients:
(to fully incorporate ingredients I used a fork)
2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour 
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp fine sea salt

In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients:
(I found they fit nicely into a 2 cup measuring glass)
1 cup organic maple syrup
1/3 cup organic olive oil
2/3 cup filtered water
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract 

Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture to combine, do not over mix.


This recipe filled one dozen tins.


And came out fluffier than the non-vegan box mix I baked first!
Now to ice these moist, fluffy treats!


VEGAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Whip with a mixer:
4oz butter-flavored Crisco
4oz vegan cream cheese


Add in:
2 cups organic powdered sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract


and zest from one orange



Top cupcakes with frosting and colored sprinkles!



I know the olive oil and vinegar sound weird but you do not taste them after baking!  This is by far, the yummiest recipe I have tried for vegan cupcakes!
Enjoy!

In light and love,
Mell

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts