Coconut Butter Bark



 


~Maybe it's the mana of the islands that is ever present in my mind and heart.
~Maybe it's that I am married to an islander.
~Maybe it's the knowledge I gained all those years ago reading David Wolfe's book on Super Foods.
~Maybe it's just that I'm a great big nut, myself! haha

But whatever it is, I LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut!  Always have! 

And as a adult knowing all of the incredible health benefits that come from it, I am even more mad for it now. We use it in so many many ways in our household: coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut water, coconut milk, and raw coconut straight from the shell. 


 Put it together with chocolate and I am a very happy being.
 THIS recipe couldn't be more for ME, a combination of two of my very favorite things! Oh yum!!
And easy peas-y too.




Coconut Butter Bark
(adapted from this recipe by the Coconut Mama)

1 cup of Callebaut semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chunks
3/4 cup of Coconut Manna
5-6 drops of liquid coconut (or vanilla) flavored stevia
1/2 cup of finely shredded natural coconut
1/8-1/14 cup of mini semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chunks/chips
unrefined coconut oil (for greasing your pan)

~Grease a 9x9 inch glass pan with a generous layer of coconut oil.
~Gently melt your chocolate chunks over a low flame. Use a double boiler if you have one.
~pour/spread melted chocolate into your glass pan and freeze until hardened.*
~Gently melt your coconut manna (butter) in the double boiler. Once melted stir in your shredded coconut and stevia.
~Pour/spread over the hardened chocolate layer. Sprinkle with the mini chips and place back in freezer to become solid.
~Run a knife along the sides of your pan and turn over to flip the hardened bark out of the pan.
~Allow to soften a bit to cut into bars OR if you can't wait (like me) use a knife to break into bite size pieces, more like a candied bark




*Store the bark/bars in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.. 

Hope you enjoy this yummy combination as much as I do!

LOVE and LIGHT 
and a life filled with SWEET STUFF,

Amber 

*As an update: For an even healthier , super food punch take on these, I think next time I will make a batch of my favorite raw chocolate to use as my base.  Should you want to give it a try check out my recipe on my personal facebook page HERE>
Minus the peanut butter, of course. ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts