WHO SAYS YOU CANT PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD???

Seriously..... who says you cant play with your food??? 
Recently I began working again... the tiredness... the I dont want to do anything when I get home blahs!!!  But of course I am hungry and wiped out....
so tonight I decided to play my favorite food game...

I WONDER WHAT THIS WOULD TASTE LIKE?!?!?!?

Have you ever played that game??? Its super fun... pulls you out of your after work blahs and brings your energy levels back up if you do it right....

STEP ONE:
Lets see what I have in the fridge that might go together....
soooo I began with my favorite flavors...
saute:
one large green onion chopped
left over white onion chopped
about 2Tbsp roasted garlic chopped
Olive Oil about 2 Tbsp

Hmmmmm..... what else do I have???
one field roast smoked apple sage vegan sausage
handful of chopped button mushrooms
handful of baby carrots
one can of Eden Organic Pinto Beans

Ohhhhh YES!!  This totally calls for some aromatic rice!!
So I decided to cook according to directions Brown Basmati Rice with the 2cups water to 1 cup rice ratio and added my favorite spice... about 1 tsp fennel seed and about 1 1/2 tsp olive oil... takes about 50 minutes to steam to perfection....


OMG!! To smell this cooking... soooo YUM!! Something about fennel and Basmati rice cooking together that stirs up the appetite!  So while the rice was cooking, saute was going on....
with mushrooms added in  after being chopped a litter finer.... just smell....

while the saute and rice are being watched over...
time for chopping of carrotts and the lonely vegan sausage to get a crumble type affect...


with all of the aromas filling my kitchen,
I decided that it was time for spices...
dash of cayanne (maybe 1/4 tsp)
couple dashes tumeric (maybe 1/2 tsp)
couple dashes sage (maybe 1/2 tsp)
saute for about 2 minutes to get the aromas released
add the carrott and sausage
saute a few minutes


I also decided that it was time to add the beans and a chopped left over tomato would be nice...
the carrotts were a bit crunchy so I decided to add some organic chardonnay (maybe 1/4 cup) to steam the veggies with the lid on and stirring occassionally....
it definitely needed some ground organic salt to taste before plating.....

Dish interesting medley on top of rice and
YUM!!!
HAPPY and HEALTHY eating during your Work Week!!!
Cant wait for the next round of
I WONDER WHAT THIS WOULD TASTE LIKE?!?!?!?
Light and Love!
~Melanie

Comments

Popular Posts