Working Vegan's Guide to "ON THE GO"....

Working Vegan's Guide to "ON THE GO"

It has been to my great dismay since beginning this blog with my dear Pea-Cousin that I have become entrenched into the work environment, overtime and all, and have had little time for cooking and artistry.  Ahhhhh! But wait.... there is an Ah-ha! a niche!  I bet there are a lot of vegans "On-The-Go".... faced with the challenges of what is possibly available to eat for lunch during the work week and then after hours when we are too exhausted to cook.....

I have been blessed with Vegan Man, who packs my lunches, prepares an on-the-go breakfast for commuter traffic, loves to do the shopping and share in the cooking....
But alas, he has secrets to keeping this lass happy and well fed.... that I want to share...
Guiltily I am indulged.... luckily there are many "on-the-go" options I had never considered and I wish to share them here as simple alternatives to a hectic working life.

I must give my acknowledgements here:  Thanks babe for keeping me well fed, despite my protest to my waistline... the food is always YUM! and I never go hungry....  :)



Ahhhhh! Amy's Organics!  How I love Amy's frozen entrees and breakfast creations!!  This particular one is Vegan, no GMO's.... I must confess that I am not as strict an adherrant vegan, as I sometimes indulge in cheese or honey but those always bite me via my sinuses the next day.... the Mattar Panteer is my favorite, however it is not entirely vegan.... this is a supburb option!



Labels, labels, labels... always read the labels if you care to know what you are consuming! Amy's always states that it is vegan next to the ingredients list!  :)



Items from Whole Foods:  Sesame Seaweed Salad, Sesame Balls (YUM! beanpaste!), braised tofu, Edward & Sons 2step Miso soup & Cruncha-ma-me snack!


Look how beautiful this is!!!


Up and coming..... there are many pre-made vegan portions if you know where to look and you stay on the lookout for them.... despite my "uncooking" recently.... I have turned my chef onto the treasures found in Target and we also explore the bounties in Trader Joes.....

The message here..... don't give in... don't give up... eat healthy & follow your heart!!!
P.S.  If you have an angel.... shower them with LOVE!
THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY!!

Light & Love,
Melanie

 

Comments

Popular Posts