~New Year, New Beginnings~




Hey all! Hope your new year is going well. 

With the advent of a new year, it's common and to some a tradition to set new goals for the coming year, those famous resolutions we make with ourselves.  Whatever those may be, I hope with this little blog (and via our facebook page) we have inspired you to give healthy eating a try and to explore the benefits of a plant based diet.  
And above all, we hope you have discovered that eating your veggies can be oh so yummy!

My personal health resolution is to continue to incorporate more raw wholesome foods into my diet and to do a bit more juicing; perhaps a green drink everyday.  
My mighty green drink 

And not to rely on the conventional vegan convenience foods as I do sometimes (too much soy, sometimes processed, and face it, just because it's vegan doesn't always mean it's healthy). And lastly though there is much mixed information on the subject, I admit that I could stand to cut back on the coffee a bit.  I've recently been experimenting with creating my own natural alternative; a bit of chicory root, carob and cinnamon.  When I get it just right, I will be sure to share.

My family also has set a resolution to eat more of "Mom's food" and I am happy to report that we have completed an entire week of eating exclusively vegetarian as a family.  I gotta tell ya, it's been really great for me.  And as always, it has encouraged me to raise the bar on the quality of our meals, for sure.  
This week's menu included some old favorites but also a few new things:

Sweet potato tacos with loaded black bean salsa
*recipe to follow



Blueberry-banana pancake squares with maple butter

Might I add, paired with a large mug of my Chicory coffee concoction?

AND
Marinated Zucchini Quesadillas with Jicama salad
*recipe to follow



Here's hoping the next week holds more yummy healthy goodness! 

Love and light,
and a prosperous new year for all!

Amber





Comments

Popular Posts