A Vegan Feast to be thankful for . . .



Thanksgiving has never really been a super big deal in the Tabangay household. I'm sure it sounds all sorts of cliche (and maybe even a tad bit self-righteous) but I assure you when I say that we really do aim to live our lives with being grateful each day, I mean it with all sincerity.  As far as the food goes and the excuse to live it up, stuffing yourself with all sorts of yummy stuff you don't usually eat . . . well, we are total foodies in our house and I'm afraid, to the best of our capability, we live to eat good stuff every day of the year.  Though I will admit that when we were kids, it was sort of a big deal for the family to gather at my aunt's house (aka Melanie's house) for the annual turkey feast (usually held just after Thanksgiving Day) and because we viewed it as a special occasion, it was . . . well, special.  That is definitely the part I can still get behind. It's what loving familial memories are made from.  And as I reflect upon that (in composing this post) I am definitely thankful.  

There is often a lot of work that goes into a traditional Thanksgiving feast and creating a vegan version can be just as much a labor of love. This year we will be keeping it simple and enjoying, mostly, just all of our favorite veggie side dishes, with the addition of a couple new ones. 

I will be sharing some highlights and photos on our facebook page HERE> 

Last year, I pulled out all the stops.  I present to you, what a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (vegan style) looks like
VIA
 a pictorial collection of  . . .


~A Vegan Feast To Be Thankful For~


My very full plate consisting of seitan roast hidden beneath a plethora of cashew gravy, gluten-free green bean casserole, mashed garlic potatoes, balsamic marinated pearl onions and homemade chunky cranberry sauce.

When it isn't hidden beneath gravy:  seitan roast stuffed with wild mushroom, cranberry and walnut dressing.
Balsamic marinated and baked pearl onions

Green-Bean Casserole: complete with homemade gluten-free french fried onions. FOR AN ADDITIONAL OPTION to the classic green bean casserole, check out our bonus recipe for Cheezy Green Beans HERE>


Chunky cranberry sauce made from fresh cranberries and oranges.


And of course, the evening wouldn't be complete without a little dessert . . .
Gluten-free pumpkin cheesecake pie topped with whipped coconut cream.
We are so thankful for all of you! 
Thank you for supporting our foodie/recipe blogging adventures these past couple years.  


Comments

Popular Posts